We provide valuations and consulting for Machinery & Equipment, Real Estate, Cost Segregation, and Fixed Asset Management to all sizes of clients. The most common valuations we perform are for tax, financing, mergers and acquisitions, and litigation support. We have learned, through our experience as senior level management at various Big 4 accounting firms, the importance of independent, supportable, and thorough analyses. This ensures that our deliverables meet the reporting requirements and withstand audit scrutiny.
Prior to any engagement we will work with you to understand the unique circumstances of the project and provide you with a clear blueprint of the assumptions and methodologies necessary to meet your needs and the reporting requirements. We understand the importance of clear communication throughout the process between various internal and external entities. As such, we will bridge the gap between management, accounting, finance, engineering, buyers, sellers, and audit teams. This enables you to meet your overall financial objectives while ensuring all stakeholders are considered.
Aside from providing accurate and supportable values, we will work with you to ensure that the deliverables and exhibits match your needs for seamless integration into your financial accounting system.
Whether it is your first transaction and you need help navigating a variety of complicated reporting issues or you are well versed in the process and just need an independent valuation, StempleCrites can assist with the business combination process. Understanding the interaction between corporate finance, valuation, and accounting concepts is important when estimating fair value measurements for business combinations. We can help in the measuring the fair value of identifiable assets acquired (e.g., the components of working capital, tangible assets, and identifiable intangible assets), and liabilities assumed as of the acquisition date.
StempleCrites can assist in establishing the appropriate personal property values. We will work with you to understand your assets and determine the price of that property.
- Property Tax Analyses. If you believe you are in line for a reduction in ad valorem tax, we can work with you to identify possible opportunities for tax reductions. Typical candidates include, but are not limited to, technologically obsolete operations, special-purpose structures, and properties in deteriorating markets. Our valuations will document and quantify functional, technological, and economic obsolescence impacting the assets. We are also available for expert testimony related to appeals.
- Litigation Support. Whether you need a valuation to support potential litigation for Usable Life Estimates, Strategic Decision Making, Bankruptcy or Restructuring, we have legal experience including depositions and testimony.
Fixed asset management (FAM) helps to rationalize costs, lower risks, and optimize resource allocation related to fixed assets. The FAM process can entail the provision of consulting and guidance related to:
- The selection of hardware, software, and vendors to establish asset bar code systems.
- Asset inventory and tagging.
- Reconciliations to fixed asset schedules to identify ghost assets, idle assets, and/or spare assets.
- Development of Standard Operating Procedures to ensure that assets will be accurately recorded and tracked in the future
- Assignment of property tax designations.
If you have recently constructed, purchased, expanded, or remodeled your real estate, and would like to increase your cash flow, StempleCrites can assist with a Cost Segreagtion Study. Cost segregation is a strategic tax deferral tool that allows companies and individuals to increase cash flow by accelerating depreciation deductions on their properties, and deferring federal and state income taxes. Under I.R.C. Sections 1245 and 1250, personal property and certain land improvements may be depreciated over significantly less time than nonresidential real property. These shorter-lived assets are also eligible for accelerated depreciation. Our conclusions are fully documented in reports compiled with IRS review in mind.